Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Putting One Foot In front of The Other; Taking One Day At a Time.

      Some of you might be thinking, "FINALLY! AN UPDATE!" I know, it's been awhile. I've been very busy lately, and haven't really had enough energy at the end of the day to update, so I formally apologize :)
      To be completely honest though, not much has happened in these past few weeks. I've been keeping very busy with my schooling. One day, I had an 8 hour day of school-four of those hours, I was in a math class. Not as much fun as it sounds though :p Each day in school, we get out at a different time. The school system isn't too bad though, but that could just seem that way because I can't understand what's being said most of the time :p :) I've officially made one friend, and I felt like a little kid on Christmas when I did! :D it was a great feeling.
      There was also, on August 21st, an anual celebration of my village's establishment. There was a short, but nice, parade with a marching band :) being the band geek that I proudly am, I was doing the counting (ONE cross TWO cross/ONE and TWO and, etc...) ^_^ There was a little girl that was representing a club, and she had a stick and was mimicing the director of the band with it :) it was rather adorable, and funny, to see :) .
      I have officially began my German-Learning and Speaking class. It's three days a week, for eight week, an hour and a half.. My teacher seems nice. She's from Russia, and speaks no English.
      One of my host sister's (Theresa) friends had a birthday party, so I got the privilage to attend. Her, and her entire family, were much fun to be around-so I really enjoyed it. We watched a movie, called "The Two Eared Chicken". It was...interesting :p .That same day, we picked up two Chinese short-term exchange students. One of which, stayed with me and my host family for her time being here.
      We also got a really intense storm. We've had storms a lot, but this one was just EPIC. The windows in the house were shaking, we lost power for over two hours, the basement got flooded, and we had clothes that were hung up outside (intended to be put out to dry, but that didn't exactly happen :p )-some of which were lost. My host family said that they've never had a storm that did any of that before, so I was their source of comfort-what a switch! :D
      I also got to have an experience that most exchange students don't get; or at least not three/four weeks into their exchange :p .I had to go to a hospital for about three days. It was just this past weekend, actually. We had a Rotary Weekend, and I haven't been feeling that great lately. Well, you know how it turned out :p .All is fine now though, so absolutely no worries ^_^. I didn't know anyone there, so it was interesting. I had nice roomates though, and the doctors for the most part were nice as well. Hospital food here? -not too bad actually :D but I talked to my host family about that, and they said that it just depends on the hospital; not much different from the states, aye?
      That's basically all I have to report :) Hopefully, I'll get back on track with having a weekly blog. If you have any requests on what you wish for me to talk about, or any questions at all-just ask. you can e-mail me (aspire_the_impossible@yahoo.com), skype (emily.fields6), comment on here,...however you wish ^_^.

~A Smile is a curved line, that sets everything straight.~
     

No comments:

Post a Comment