Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ich bin in Deutschland jetzt!

I am in Germany now! It is so beautiful! I definitely still have jetlag, but it isn't too bad. My family, as expected, is very nice an welcoming. They met me at the Hannover airport, and had a huge sign with my name on it-in addition to a few other welcoming words/phrases. They seemed very excited to meet me, and I was relieved that meeting them wasn't akward. :D
      My house, is so adorable! It's has all been painted and decorated with vibrant colors! It's a two story house that has both an attick and a basement. Every room is painted in bright colors, except for the upstiars bathroom which is white, with blue splashes of color. The Wohnzimmer (living room) is green with off-white accents.
      As for my room, it's very comfortable and spacious. I have a window on the far wall, and two plants that rest on the window sill. Adjacent from the wall that has the window, is a dresser. Above it, a mirror. There is no closet, however, so all of my clothes are rolled up and put into it. If you turn about 90 degrees, you'll be facing the entrance to my room. On the back of my door, hangs my hoodies. Then, on that same wall, is a desk-not much on it at the moment, but that'll change once school starts (18, August 2011). Turning another 90 degrees, you'll find my bed. :) it's really comfortable! :D the blankets only come up to my waist, so that will take some getting used to-just like everything else :p
      Enough of describing one room onto what I've experienced thus far: First, one simple word that all travlers hate...JETLAG. I've never actually had it all that bad until now, but oh well ^_^ it's part of the experience! :D Moving on... the toilets. You maybe thinking, "toilets? seriously? out of all the things to talk about, you pick toilets?!" well, the toilets are vastly different, so don't judge ;) . the "flusher" in america, you one push once then it makes that *wooooshhhh* kindof sound that sometimes scares little kids. here, you must press it twice. once to make the *wooooshhhh* begin, the other to make it stop. The toilet paper, honestly feels like a paper towel (the american paper towel). then the paper towels here, are softer than the toilet paper! That was an odd realization. :p Today, Meine mutter und schwester, Theresa, took me to das Bank to get me officially registered in Germany, and so I could get a Visa of some sort. they also then showed me how to work their ATMs. After we ate lunch, meine familie und ich went to Helmstadt. Meine Mutter went to work: Luisa, Theresa, und ich walked around for about two hours or so. We went into a few stores, then we went to a T-Mobile store so I could obtain a phone card. While still waiting for Mutter to finish at work, we drove to where my school is. My school is big, in my opinion. But it's apparently one of the smaller schools. It's up on a mountain, and near the forest. I will be signing up for Volleyball a little after school starts. :)
      Here, if you want Chokolade Eis (chocolate ice cream), you get vanille but with a chocolate type of syrup. I don't know if that's just at the place we went (a McDonalds :p ), or if it's like that everywhere. 
      Speed here is a completely different concept. 50 miles/hour is concidered slow! They typically are driving at about 80 km/hour. I love it! :D
      On 19, August, I will be attending my first German concert!
Well, I've spent enough time on the computer for today; goodnight! (well, good afternoon for those of you in America!) Auf Wiedersehn!

No comments:

Post a Comment