Saturday, August 20, 2011

Week One: CHECK.

A TON of stuff has went on this first week. So, prepare yourself for one epically long blog! :D
Let's start with the eleventh of August...
11/8/2011:
Went to the bank! I became, officially, a resident of the Sielemann's house! I got signed up for a card that I will be getting my monthly allowance from the Rotary (which I'm supposed to be getting in the mail, I believe). I also discovered something I found rather odd about their stop lights: When it's getting ready to turn green, the light still remains on red, but will also show yellow for a second or two before turning green. Kindof cool, in my opinion :) At the gas stations here, it's also a little different. Here, you fill up at the pump, then, once you have all the gas that you wish/can get-you get back into your car, and drive a little ahead of where the pumps are, and it's basically like a drive through to pay for the gas! how interesting, right?! I have also discovered that ice cream here; if you wish to have chocolate ice cream, you will get Vanilla ice cream, but with a chocolate syrup/fudge. I don't know that it's like that everywhere though.
The food here, I have recently discovered, is pretty good. Most foods, such as tomatoes, I really disliked in the States, but here...I don't know-they taste different; better, if you will. The food in general here is pretty dang good! :D Today, I also got to go by and see my school! -it's HUGE!!!!
12/8/2011
Luisa had an online test to take that was for the job she's interesting in (the Volkswaggon company). So, that was pretty intense! Later, we went to Helmstadt! Which, is like a ten minute drive. We got some groceries, and some paint for Luisa to paint her room. The paint here, doesn't come in the cans. Rather, it comes in tubes-like what you would put left over food in! I thought that was pretty neat to see :) .Theresa stayed at home though. While getting the groceries, it's like a little mall! It was adorable ^_^ when you first walk in the doors, you see a variety of stores. One, was where you take bottles (if you bring back one bottle; you get 25 cents! woo-hoo! :D -easy way to make a little cash :) ).I learned that we live really close to where the Berlin Wall used to be! So, a lot of people from the east side come over to Helmstadt to shop because it's cheaper. Also, here, people do not have a dryer for clothes, only a washing machine! They hang up the clothes to dry, and if they get wrinkly, you simply iron them! :) WAY TO SAVE ENERGY, DEUTSCHLAND! <3 Later on, Doris, Theresa, and I played a game! It was pretty fun, and challenging. It's hard to explain virtually, so ask me when I get home about it, if you wish to know ^_^ .
13/8/2011
SHOPPING DAY IN SCHLOSS!
(rest of the week: to be continued! :D anticipation!! ^_^ )

No comments:

Post a Comment